Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Travelling Around Dublin
















Hello!

It's quite late here and I'm ready for bed. I thought I would give an update before I fall asleep. I had a slow start to my day but it turned out to be a great day.

I visited the Dublin Castle and got a guided tour around it. It was very beautiful and I liked learning about the history. (picture above) I also went to the Chester Beester Library and it was basically turned into a huge gallery of history, alot of which was religious. It was neat to read a lot of random information. haha

I also did some random walking and picture taking around Dublin. I got a quick chance to walk down the main shopping street in Dublin and of course the first shop I walk into is amazing. I broke down and bought a really cute top! ha

As for this evening...I had an absoulte blast. At the hostel they give free Irish Dancing lessons twice a week so I decided to check them out. It started at 8pm, we did a warm up, learned some moves, then a whole routine, and then we danced and danced. I seriously had SO much fun. I use to Irish dance when I was younger and I really enjoyed this...it truly brought back memories of dance. The really neat thing was they chose the best female and male dancer for the evening and they got a free nights accomdation..and I won! It was special and gave me a few extra Euro's for the rest of my trip! Sweet hey??
Anyway, I have had a good day in Dublin and I look forward to walking around and doing some more touring tomorrow. I got to phone home today for free as well which was AWESOME. First time I talked to my mom in 3 weeks. It was great!!!
Hope all is well back home! I'll update again later.

Maryse
Pictures Above:
(Red Building is the Hostel I'm staying in right now)

1 comment:

Deanna Rachel said...

so freaking jealous!!
and i'm so proud of you for winning that dance competition!!! haha way to go love! so so proud :D
buy everyone back home something pretty!! haha
miss you <3