Monday, August 17, 2009

Last day in Athens!




Hello!!

I know that I havent written a detailed blog entry in awhile so I will try and do so now! Yesterday I spent the whole day at a beach in Athens and had a blast. I know it seems silly that I was just on a boat for two weeks but we really didn't get time to relax on a beach. I met a few people from England and they were sooo great to hang out with. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Today I'm going to the Acropolis by myself! My plan is to find an english tour there and sneak around behind them and catch all the facts. haha Kidding! I'm really looking forward to seeing the parthenon as well as having a great look at Athens from up high. This is my last day in Greece and I plan to soak it all up. I'm leaving a day early for Ireland tomorrow because of flights.

I have caught up on sleep since I got off the boat which is nice.

I know that a few people were interested to know a litle bit more about my experience on the boat. I'll mention a few quick things now:
-The food was amazing on the boat. A women named Sandra was our cook. She is the wife of Theo our skipper/captain. They live on the boat year round.
-I learned how to wind surf on the trip which was a lot of fun. It took me awhile to get good at it but it was fun.
-You already knew that not many people were my age so I didn't make any deep relationships but for the most part I enjoyed people's company! haha
-I got to see a ship wreak and snorkel around it which was cool.
-And we studied the book of Romans pretty much the whole trip. I learned a lot and enjoyed the teachings!

That's a bit more information on the boat. I have sooo many stories to share with each of you when I'm home.

God Bless,

Maryse