Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bye Bye Dublin!











Hello.
Today was my last day officially in Dublin. I didn't spend most of the day here anyway though. I went to a town south of Dublin called Bray. As I mentioned its on the coast and it is really nice. There was a huge hill at the end of the beach and you could climb up it and see Dublin like 12km away...really neat. I enjoyed my short time here. I read on the rocky beach, got fish and chips, and walked up the hill and layed on the grass and sang. ha

This afternoon I had a nap for awhile because I was quite tired, had a quick phone call home to my parents which was nice and got my stuff ready to go to Galway tomorrow.


This evening I went to a place called Shelborne Stadium and watched the greyhound dog races. This was such a cool event! It's as popular as a flames game back at home for the locals. Basically they all bet on the dogs they think are going to win each race. I'm so happy I went out for a night at the dogs and experienced this. I did this with three other people from my hostel who were also traveling alone. Adam was from baltimore, Martin from France, and Anna from Germany.

Now i'm off to bed and ready to travel to Galway tomorrow.

Hope all is well back home.

Maryse

No comments: