Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful and Hopeful.






Hello!

Thanks for all your prayers. There is some damage to the boat but we have had a repair man begin repairs and hopefully they will be done tomorrow so we can leave this island.

This afternoon after everything was cleaned up we decided to relax and try and have some fun. We rented a car and travelled around the whole island. I was with three men haha but we actually had so much fun. I am thankful for the relief we found in the beauty of Greece, the fellowship of eachother and all the laughs we shared.

Today turned out to be a good day, but we are all exhausted.I am running on one hour of sleep in the past night. It's currently 11:30pm and we are getting ready to head to bed.

The forcast for tonight is the same as last night which truly scares me. However I know we can make it through and my hope is that we are safe tonight. If all is okay then you won't be hearing from me for at least 3 days as we will be at sea with no towns.

So, thank you again for all your prayers. I will hopefully be updating you in three days which means all went well!

Love, Maryse!

Here are some photos of Skropolis.

4 comments:

Deanna Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deanna Rachel said...

glad you're safe hun. love hearing from you. best part of my day by far. love the pictures too!! so exciting!


by the way, whoever the boy in the white tshirt is, give him my address.

Brenda Johnson said...

So glad to hear from you and that you enjoyed the day on the island. Great photos btw. We'll be praying that the storm passes around your harbour and that you sleep like a baby :) We're so proud of you, Maryse!! But we miss you a lot. Love Mom,Dad

Meg said...

Maryse, I love hearing about your trip and about how God is reminding you to trust in Him. I'm glad that you are safe and pray that the rest of the trip continues to bring you closer to Him.