Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hello From the Greek Islands!






Hello Everyone!

It`s so great to be able to update you all back home. I am currently on an island called skeapthios or something like that. ha It is extremely hot here in Greece but sailing is wonderful.

I wish I could begin to sum up all the neat things I have done and experienced but it will be difficult in one blog entry.

I am enjoying the company of everyone on board. As I mentioned I am the youngest on the boat. The oldest on the boat is a 72 year old man named Doug, my room mate is named Dianna and she is 57. There are three Austrian girls who speak a decent amount of English. Theo is our skipper on the boat and his wife Sandra is the cook. The other three crew members are Joel and Tanya married for 5 years, and a young man named Jonny from England. I am the only memeber on the ship currently living in Canada. There are a few older men who are American and thats about it. It is such a neat experience being with random people around the world.

The sailboat is massive and beauitful! I can`t explain how much work it takes to sail! I have learned all the neat terms about sailing and we have different teams for the fore sail and main sail. It`s so neat! I am the team captain which means my main job is helping with raising and lowering the sails which can be quite difficult and crucial in going quickly.

What else can I say?? There is so much! OH!!! I HAVE BEEN EATEN ALIVE BY MOSQUITOS!! I'll attach a photo of just ONE ARM!! I have been wearing spray this whole time but after the first two nights they found like a mosquito ( almost a nest) in the bottom of my bed. ( MOM YOU WOULD BE SO WORRIED IF YOU SAW HOW MANY BITES I HAD!!!!) Infact...mommy when I was journeling I was writing about how I wished you were here to give me sympathy! haha And Dad you would be laughing at me and make me smile!! haha

Yesterday night we anchored in a small cove on a random island and the REALLY cool thing about it was a few meters from out boat at the bottom of the sand was an old bomb mine from WWII. We got to snorkel around it and I even dove down and touched it. It was really neat! Dad you would have been really interested in this just like me!

So far I am enjoying my time aboard besides the fact that I'm covered in red dots from the mosquitos. lol I never imagined the trip to be like this but its good. We havent really spent alot of time as a group in the word of God but we get lots of down time to relax and do whatever we like.

I thought I would mention that the director of all Capernwray and Torchbearer Schools around the world is on the boat with us for these two weeks. He is our "speaker" and leads us in devotions. He is a really neat guy and has a lot of wisdom. His name is Chris.

I know this blog entry is kind of all over the place but I have limited time and am tring to update on everything I can remember!

Oh....some really neat news for the GIRLS!! Tomorrow we will be anchoring and sleeping over at an island called Skropolis! We will spend a full day there travelling around but MAMMA MIA WAS FILMED HERE!! So...for those of you who have seen the movie the little church at the end were they get married or whatever I GET TO SEE THAT!! So we will do the big walk up that long path and I'll get to see everywhere where they filmed. I thought that was really cool.

Anyway, I really am thinking about everyone back at home ALOT. I pray for each of you on a daily basis and I'm thankful for all your support and prayers!

For now may God Bless you all! I will update again when I can!

Here are some photos:

1 comment:

Brenda Johnson said...

Wow; the diving sounds fun. I wish I could hug you and make you forget the nasty mosquito bites; close your eyes and pretend :) Can't wait to hear about the Mama Mia island :) Reminds me when we went to the movie on a girls' night out!! How warm is the water? All our love and prayers, Mom, Dad