Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back in Skopolis

Hello,

This will be a quick entry here! We weren't actually suppose to be stopping at an island until the trip ends on Saturday. However, one of the men on our ship had a medical emergency with an infection so he is currently at the hospital.

As for myself, the past few days have been mostly good. The day after we left here we went to an Island owned by Monks and its forbidden to walk the land and no women are aloud on the island. Of course we get there and Theo our skipper tells us that we can go for a hike no big deal.

Well...there are NO trails its all rock, hills, and scratchy bushes. This place is like never walked by men there are only wild goats.In the middle of this island there is a huge mountain and of course me and three of the guys decided it wouild be a fun idea to climb the mountain. Everyone else stayed back on the boat. ha It took us two hours to get to the top, it was a complete scramble but WOW the view was outstanding. Unfortunetly on the way back down my foot got stuck between two rocks and I sprained my ankle. We were pretty much racing daylight to get back to the boat in time so we weren't stuck in dark. This was a bit painful but much worse the next morning. For the past two days I haven't put any weight on it, but it feels much better today! I'm glad!

Anyway...I'll update way more once I'm off the boat on Saturday!

God Bless,

Maryse

No comments: