Friday, July 31, 2009

Finally to the Sea!

Hello All!

I know this is my second post for today but I'm going to add some pictures here! I have had a very long day of travelling and I'm exhausted. Basically after 5 hours on the train to Northern Greece, I took a bus to the village I'm staying at got lost, no one spoke English, and therefore it took me two hours to get to my hotel.


No complaints now though because this is beautiful and serene! I never imagined my hotel backing right out onto the beach My room looks out onto the Agean Sea and I feel at peace. This is just so exciting knowing that tomorrow I will get on the sailboat and actually be out there! So it was worth all the trouble and hassel of getting here.

I met the funniest people on the train ride today. I just have to share this. I'll post pictures below but let me tell you the story if you want to here: I sit down on the second train to Volos and I'm sitting with three young women. They were laughing with eachother and just seemed happy. One of the sweet girls tried to ask me where I was from and had little English. I told them from Canada and they were absoultly thrilled. Basically the WHOLE train ride we were all trying to communicate, we were laughing hysterically, and this young man sitting across from us and his fiance knew more english so he started translating back and forth. Basically we laughed for an hour straight and just had mini conversations. They were all such great and friendly people who really made my day. I'm so thankful to have had such a great laugh and so much fun with them!


As far as this evening goes I'm about to go take a swim in the sea and lay on the beach. I was just informed that tonight is their yearly Wine Festival on the beach with live music so I'm totally going to check that out too! I promise to update at least one more time probably tomorrow morning my time before I get on the sailboat. You won't here from me for a few days after that!


Here are some pictures:










I took this photo last night from the top of a shopping centre near my Hostel. That is the Parthenon and I'm really looking forward to seeing it later on in August!














Me, waiting for my train this morning.















Me, getting on the train.







The lovely Greek ladies I met. SOOO funny!











3 comments:

Deanna Rachel said...

i can TOTALLY just picture you on that train with those ladies. they were probabley laughing at you mostly, beacuse of your loud obnoxious laugh haha. i'm dreading the days in which i won't hear anything from you... that'll suck. but i know you'll have tons of fun.
miss ya! wish i was there!

P.S.Wine festival???? Hit that up!

Brenda Johnson said...

You are having an amazing adventure. I hope you are journalling all this, too. Great photos of you. The next 14 days will be hard without seeing your smiling face on your blog but we know it will be incredible. Thanks for the emails, too. All our love and prayers Mom,Dad

Giles Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.