Monday, July 13, 2009

Flights are booked!


Hello All,


So in 15 days I will be leaving for Greece. I have officially found flights that I'm planning to go on. I fly stand-by which means its not guaranteed that I get on but I still book myself which is exciting. I have made my decision to go to Dublin, Ireland for 8 days after I travel Greece. So I will officially be gone for at least a full month. I have always wanted to go to Ireland and see the beautiful coast and green country. I can't wait. My hope right now is that all my flights work out and that I get to my destinations safely. If not its all part of the adventure and I'll end up somewhere!


Anyway, I just wanted to fill you'll in and let you know that I'm getting super close to things all playing out. I have a website that I'm going to book my hostels on and hopefully as we get closer everything will fall into place. I'm really looking forward to getting away from everything I know and meeting new people and going on new adventures. This will be a well needed and good trip i'm sure. Thanks for reading! Below im going to post the description of where and what I'm specifically going to be doing!


Description: (Worth Reading)


Experience the challenges of sea life while working as a member of the crew. In the evenings relax as you gaze at the setting sun, laying safely at anchor in a remote cove enjoying fine Greek and international meals, good company and the gentle sounds of the sea.
Visit a variety of islands rich in beauty and history. Learn not only to sail but to seek God, seeing Him in that which He has made, discovering Him by His word and experiencing Him through the lives of His people.
Days at sea will be interspersed with days ashore on some of the most beautiful islands and coastal areas of Northern Greece. Tours can be organized to explore their interior, culture, architecture and history.
The daily schedule will involve sail training, knots, navigation, snorkeling over reefs and through caves, cliff jumping and windsurfing with lessons included as well as ample opportunity to relax with a good book or chat with a friend. Most days we will take the opportunity to explore God's Word in an informal and friendly atmosphere. Evenings will usually be in the quiet of a protected cove.


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Maryse, this looks AMAZING! What an awesome opportunity. Please take lots of pictures and make sure you journal your adventures... you'll want to have them years down the road.