Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I made it to Athens...Finally

Hello!

I am here safely at my hostel. It is 3am on Wednesday the 30th and I haven't gotton a lot of sleep. So...I'm tired. I have had quite the little adventure since I left Calgary. I flew nicely to Frankfurt, Germany arrving at 11am and after that things were crazy.

Long story short, my flight to Athens was full so I waited 3 hours to find out that the next flight to Athens was full and then I waited another 3 hours until 9:30 at night and got the last seat on board! Thank goodness because I was starting to stress out.

Anyway, I arrived at 1am and took the city bus to Syntagma Square which is the Greek Parliment Building then I walked 15 mins at 2:30 in the morning to my hostel. Just a bit sketchy! haha Funny Story: I got chased by a wild dog that tried to chew my luggage. However at the moment it was scary. lol

Anyway...I am here safely and I'm really excited to wake up in the morning and actually "see" Greece.

Thanks for all your prayers! I'll post a few pictures tomorrow. I already have one of me at Syntagma Square!!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Giles Family said...

So happy that you made it safely! Wish I could have seen your face with the dog, lol. I am looking forward to photos! Have an amazing journey, Love. Thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers!

Deanna Rachel said...

is why i hate dogs!!

but i'm also very glad you're safe missy. i was worried! take a ton of photos for me! miss your lovely self already!!

Brenda Johnson said...

Hey, Dad and I laughed so hard at the wild dog incident we had tears in our eyes- tears of relief actually, that you are safe in Athens. God really is watching over you. What a long day today, for you. Wish it had worked out better. Can't wait to see more on your blog and some emails home. Love you to the moon and back, Mom and Dad.